Contract type: COD
Starting date: September, 2021
Working place: Palaiseau, Paris area
Duration: 36 months
Education: Engineer/Master degree, or equivalent
Salary: profile dependent
Become an actor of the Energy Transition by joining a team driven by innovation and impact to address today’s most decisive challenges.
IPVF – Institut Photovoltaïque d’Île-de-France, is a global Research, Innovation and Education center, which mission is to accelerate energy transition through science & technology.
Gathering industrial PV leaders (EDF, Total, Air Liquide, Horiba and Riber) and world-renowned academic research teams (CNRS, Ecole Polytechnique), multi-disciplinary and international IPVF teams conduct research for clean energy technologies. Supported by the French State, IPVF is labelled Institute for Energy Transition (ITE).
IPVF at a glance:
• An ambitious Scientific and Technological Program: from tandem solar cell technologies to economy & market assessment, state-of-the art characterization, photocatalysis and concepts breakthrough.
• A state-of-the-art technological platform: more than 100 tools, located in cleanrooms (advanced characterization, materials deposition, prototypes for fabrication, modelling…).
• A high-standard Education program (M.S. and PhD students).
IPVF aims to support the energy transition of many players by giving them access to a diversity of solutions for producing solar energy. Photovoltaic energy covers a wide range of technologies that can be integrated into a variety of forms. It is particularly important for IPVF to highlight its technologies, the work of its researchers and their know-how, as well as to respond to and stimulate the needs of potential customers. The IPVF has therefore recently set up a Maker Space and strengthened its team dedicated to the creation of photovoltaic prototypes.
More information about the research program and IPVF here:
IPVF Research Program involving this postdoc position: https://ipvf.fr/jean-francois-guillemoles-and-nathanaelle-schneider-introducing-programme-6-proof-of-concept-for-pv-innovation-breakthrough/
The candidate will directly report to the Programs Deputy Director of IPVF and will integrate a dynamic and talented team driven by innovation and results.
Within the framework of innovative projects and in a strategy of development of a range of prototypes and products, you will have the opportunity to participate in all stages of development (hardware & software), from analysis to deployment, including the search for technical solutions, coding, fabricating, testing, documentation, and collaborating with the business development team.
Her/his main missions will consist in:
• Design and production of photovoltaic cells/modules that can be directly integrated into different market segments (IoT, VIPV, BIPV, APV). In particular, the aim is to propose a product that can readily be used by a customer or end user, without the latter having any prior knowledge of the technologies used. The products resulting from the work will be presented in an industrial/design/finished form.
• Integration of photovoltaic technologies developed at the IPVF with a system approach. The aim is to address all the issues that accompany the integration of the solar cell in its operational environment: management of interactions with batteries (Power Management System), embedded electronics, capture of operating data on photovoltaic objects, studies of aging data in real conditions. Understanding the user’s needs will be of paramount importance for the success of this mission. Interactions with IPVF customers are to be expected.
• Prototyping and development of technological building blocks for the preparation of silicon-based prototypes (shingling…), low temperature screen printing, LCO…
In the context of her/his missions, the candidate will be able to rely on the Maker Space of IPVF, as well as on the ecosystem offered by the Plateau de Saclay and the partneships of IPVF. He/she will also be able to propose improvements for the Prototyping/Integration division.
Feel free to contact us for more information about our offers.