- Reference: IPVF-2018-I
- Position: Fixed-term contract / Postdoctoral : Research Engineer
- Place: IPVF, Palaiseau and ILV, Versailles (Paris area)
- Application end date: 31/12/2018
- Start date: 15/10/2018
- Duration: 12+6 months
Job description :
IPVF IN BRIEF
The “Institut Photovoltaïque d’Île-de-France” IPVF aims at becoming one of the main global research, innovation and education center in the field of photovoltaic solar energy. Composed with international well-known industrials, leading in PV industry (EDF, Total, Air Liquide, Horiba and Riber) and academic research teams (CNRS, Ecole Polytechnique), IPVF wants to increase performances and competitiveness of PV solar cells and develop new breakthrough technologies thanks to:
- A research program : 5 programs and 12 projects
- Experimental laboratories open to PV actors : more than 70 state-of-the-art tools, in a dedicated IPVF building
- Education program with a master and PhD students
Nowadays, development of photovoltaic (PV) cells is a booming sector everywhere in the world. IPVF has set the 303 objective as a road map for tandem, perovskites, silicon, III-V and CIGS, PV cells production. Therefore, the aim is to produce, in 2030, a PV module with a 30 % efficiency for less than 30c$/Wp. The I project is in this context, aiming at the development of an advanced expertise on the chemical composition in volume, at the surface and at the interface of PV cells, and thus the optimization of their manufacturing process.
The research engineer will report directly to the Team & labs responsible of IPVF.
Within IPVF, the engineer will have a key role in the manufacturing process optimization of produced PV cells. The Project IV. I aims at developing a reliable physico-chemical characterization methodology tacking advantage of the GD-OES –Glow Discharge Optical Emission Spectroscopy) fast in-depth profiling, but inherently qualitative, to reach specific location in-depth and of the accurate composition and chemical environment that XPS (X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy) can bring. The post-doc will reinforce the research team and work in strong collaboration with the Post-doc already hired in this project, on separate tasks and common ones. Its mission will have two main approaches: 1) Achievement of I project specific objectives; 2) Support for IPVF other projects (mainly Perovskite and III-V materials, but interaction with all the different IPVF partners and projects due to the transversal aspect of the Project IV.I).
Mission 1 : Advanced chemical characterizations of PV materials : GD-OES and XPS coupled profiling
- Development of the GD-OES crater compatibility for XPS analyses: crater optimization and regeneration (material dependent)
- Physico-chemical cross characterization of the crater botton (XPS, AFM, SEM-EDS diagnostics)
- Chemical engineering
- GD-OES operating conditions optimization (limit or avoid surface perturbation).
Mission 2 : IPVF staff formation
- Develop a training program on XPS and / or GD-OES chemical characterizations internal to IPVF and implementation.
Mission 3 : Project management
- Take part of the project management: drafting of reports, progress indicators, organization of project meetings, lab small equipment purchase
- Possible trainee coaching
- Collaborations development with other IPVF projects
- Linking two sites: Institut Lavoisier in Versailles and IPVF in Palaiseau.
XPS and GD-OES equipment’s are hosted at Institut Lavoisier de Versailles (ILV). The post-doc will be localized both in IPVF at Palaiseau and ILV at Versailles.
Sought profile :
|§ PhD in material physic and chemistry§ Surfaces chemical analysis
§ Experience on PV or semi-conductors technologies
§ XPS strong knowledge (is a plus)
|§ Project management skills§ Experience in XPS and/orGD-OES, and SEM-EDS characterization techniques
|§ Autonomy§ Force of proposal
§ Enjoys collaborations
§ Writing of reports