Function: Postdoctoral researcher
Contract Type: CDD
Starting Date: ASAP
Working Place: Palaiseau, France (technology cluster, Paris area)
Duration: 36 months
Education: PhD in Materials Science, Physics or related
Become an actor of the Energy Transition by joining a team driven by innovation and impact to address today’s most decisive challenges.
IPVF – Institut Photovoltaïque d’Île-de-France, is a global Research, Innovation and Education center, which mission is to accelerate energy transition through science & technology.
Gathering industrial PV leaders (EDF, TotalEnergies, Air Liquide, Horiba and Riber) and world-renowned academic research organizations (CNRS, Ecole Polytechnique), multi-disciplinary and international IPVF teams conduct research for clean energy technologies. Supported by the French State, IPVF is labelled Institute for Energy Transition (ITE).
IPVF at a glance:
• An ambitious Scientific and Technological Program (6 programs divided in 24 work packages): from tandem solar cell technologies to economy & market assessment, state-of-the art characterization, photocatalysis and breakthrough concepts.
• State-of-the-art technological platform (8,000m²): more than 100 cutting-edge equipments worth €30M, located in cleanrooms (advanced characterization, materials deposition, prototypes for fabrication, modelling…).
• High-standard Education program (M.S. and PhD students).
The study will be carried out within the framework of the European SITA project (Si/CIGS tandems), which was recently awarded funding through the Horizon Europe program. The project will be carried out between IPVF and C2N at the heart of the new Paris-Saclay campus, located south of Paris (www.ipvf.fr). A three-year postdoctoral position on the development of 2T bonded CIGS//Si tandem solar cells is proposed. The candidate will develop a new tandem architecture based on a CIGS-based top cell and a novel bonding concept to the bottom Si cell.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the development of this new architecture and the modeling of tandem solar cells (e.g., CIGS//Si). In a collaboration involving C2N & IPVF and the other European partners, the effort will cover tandem optical modeling, the design and conception of integrated TCO front contacts compatible with CIGS deposition, and optimization of bonding of top CIGS solar cells to Si bottom cells. The researcher may be involved in CIGS deposition at IPVF for test samples used to study the compatibility and stability of TCO contacts to CIGS deposition conditions.
• You have a PhD in physics, materials science, optoelectronics, or a related field, with extensive hands-on experience in semiconductor thin film devices, clean-room processes, characterization, and/or modeling.
• You are well organized and motivated to take responsibilities in a European project.
• You are a team player, and your strengths include taking personal responsibility, a strong desire for innovation, excellence, and the ability to work across multiple teams and deliver results.
• You have excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
– Material sciences
– Physics of semiconductors
– Knowledge on opto-electronic properties of solar cells
– Strong experimental and analysis skills
– Proficient English required
– Strong teamwork skills
– Proactive and Autonomous
Cover letter and résumé to be sent to:
Negar Naghavi, Email : email@example.com
Stephane Collin, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to contact us for more information about our offers.