Become an actor of the Energy Transition by joining a team driven by innovation and impact to address today’s most decisive challenges.
IPVF – Institut Photovoltaïque d’Île-de-France, is a global Research, Innovation and Education center, which mission is to accelerate energy transition through science & technology.
Gathering industrial PV leaders (EDF, TotalEnergies, Air Liquide, Horiba and Riber) and world-renowned academic research organizations (CNRS, Ecole Polytechnique), multi-disciplinary and international IPVF teams conduct research for clean energy technologies. Supported by the French State, IPVF is labelled Institute for Energy Transition (ITE).
IPVF at a glance:
– An ambitious Scientific and Technological Program (6 programs divided in 24 work packages): from tandem solar cell technologies to economy & market assessment, state-of-the art characterization, photocatalysis and breakthrough concepts.
– A state-of-the-art technological platform (8,000m²): more than 100 cutting-edge equipments worth €30M, located in cleanrooms (advanced characterization, materials deposition, prototypes for fabrication, modelling…).
– A high-standard Education program (M.S. and PhD students).
At IPVF, we are conducting research into the electrochemical conversion of H2O or CO2 using renewable energies. The overall goal of the work will be to develop and combine electrochemical and spectroscopic tools for advance characterization of thin film (photo)anode/(photo)cathode and hydrogen/fuel production using solar cells.
The successful candidate is a highly motivated individual who will be expected to work at the interface of inorganic thin film synthesis, in-depth electrochemical/materials characterization, and (photo)electrochemical device fabrication/engineering.
Within the framework of our growth, we want to reinforce our Programs Direction with the recruitment of a Postdoctoral Researcher to join our “Solar-to-fuels” program to work on (photo)electrochemistry.
Specific tasks may include but are not limited to:
– Design and optimization of (photo)electrochemical cells for electrochemical and (spectro)electrochemical experiments,
– Implementation of tools for advanced (photo/spectro)electrochemical analysis of electrodes and fuel production,
– Development of photo-electrolyzers or electrolyzers combined with solar cells at laboratory scale,
– Synthesis and characterization of thin film electrodes.
PhD in Electrochemistry/Chemistry, Chemical Engineering is required
– Strong background in electrochemistry,
– Experience in (photo)electrochemical tools and devices fabrication,
– Previous experience in (photo)electrocatalysis or electroproduction of H2 or electro-reduction of CO2 is preferred,
– Experience in thin film deposition and characterization is a plus.
Self-management skills :
– Strong cooperation and communication skills,
– Enthusiastic to work in a team of diverse and international colleagues,
– Strong lab hands-on desire.
Feel free to contact us for more information about our offers.