Become an actor of the Energy Transition by joining a team driven by innovation and impact to address today’s most decisive challenges.
IPVF – Institut Photovoltaïque d’Île-de-France, is a global Research, Innovation and Education center, which mission is to accelerate energy transition through science & technology.
Gathering industrial PV leaders (EDF, TotalEnergies, Air Liquide, Horiba and Riber) and world-renowned academic research organizations (CNRS, Ecole Polytechnique), multi-disciplinary and international IPVF teams conduct research for clean energy technologies. Supported by the French State, IPVF is labelled Institute for Energy Transition (ITE).
IPVF at a glance:
– An ambitious Scientific and Technological Program (6 programs divided in 24 work packages): from tandem solar cell technologies to economy & market assessment, state-of-the art characterization, photocatalysis and breakthrough concepts.
– A state-of-the-art technological platform (8,000m²): more than 100 cutting-edge equipments worth €30M, located in cleanrooms (advanced characterization, materials deposition, prototypes for fabrication, modelling…).
– A high-standard Education program (M.S. and PhD students).
Setting up industrialization roadmaps for IPVF’s processes and technologies is of strategic importance for the institute. We have one dedicated R&D Programme, which mission is to assess the maturity of technologies developed at IPVF, identify obstacles that may block their industrialization, propose strategies to overcome them, and detect new PV technology opportunities in PV. You will be working in a dynamic and fertile environment, in collaboration with different teams, and your work will be exposed internally and externally.
More information about the research program and IPVF here:
IPVF Research Program involving this engineer/postdoc position: https://ipvf.fr/lars-oberbeck-introducing-ipvf-programme-1-techno-economic-analyses-and-opportunities/
Within the framework of our growth, we want to reinforce our Programs Direction with the recruitment of a Senior Research Engineer to join our “Economy and Market Assessment” program to work on PV technologies techno-economic assessment.
To prepare and assist the industrialization phase of R&D projects at IPVF, main missions consist to:
– Perform technology cost calculations (CoO, LCOE, etc.) and assess sustainability of technologies.
– Evaluate the maturity of technologies developed at IPVF through the TRL (Technology Readiness Level) and MRL (Manufacturing Readiness Level), and identify obstacles that may block the industrialization process.
– Interact with partners (NREL, manufacturers…).
– Report of calculations results (mapping…).
– Identify new technology concepts that have potential for commercialization.
– Assess the potential for commercialization of processes and technologies developed at IPVF (e.g. perovskites, III-V and tandem technologies).
– Help to establish industrial partnerships and to drive the commercialization process.
– Publish in renowned journals and participate in conferences/workshops etc.
– Participate in publicly funded projects (help setting up project, conduct work and present results).
Knowledge and know-how:
– Knowledge of cost assessment (cost of ownership, LCOE) and related software tools.
– In-depth knowledge of photovoltaic technologies is an asset.
– Knowledge of PV manufacturing processes for both lab and fab is a plus.
Self-management skills :
– Fluency in English, knowledge of French is a plus.
– Good analytical, synthesis and communication skills.
– Curious and enterprising.
– Team worker.
Feel free to contact us for more information about our offers.