Become an actor of the Energy Transition by joining a team driven by innovation and impact to address today’s most decisive challenges.
IPVF – Institut Photovoltaïque d’Île-de-France, is a global Research, Innovation and Education center, which mission is to accelerate energy transition through science & technology.
Bringing together recognized industrial leaders (TotalEnergies, EDF, Air Liquide, Horiba and Riber) and world-renowned academic research teams (CNRS, Ecole Polytechnique), IPVF’ multidisciplinary and international teams conduct research dedicated to clean energy technologies (photovoltaics, green hydrogen, etc.). IPVF has built an ambitious scientific and technological research program, divided into 5 programs and 19 sub-projects, to achieve this objective.
These programs are based on a high-level experimental platform of 8,000 m², located in Paris-Saclay, and comprising more than 100 cutting-edge equipment worth €30M.
Renewable energies constitute a growing part of the energy mix worldwide. To further improve the photovoltaic (PV) conversion efficiency, technological breakthroughs are needed. A promising pathway towards higher efficiencies is to combine the crystalline silicon solar cells with a material that converts more efficiently the most energetic part of the solar spectrum (i.e. UV-visible region). This technology, called tandem solar cell, consists in stacking two difference systems to push the theoretical efficiency limit from 29% up to 42%.
IPVF has launched the ambitious Program “IMPACTS” for the development of perovskite/silicon (PVK/c-Si) tandem modules.
One of our main objectives at IPVF, is to develop upscalable fabrication processes mainly relying on chemical based techniques that are compatible with the industrial production. In this context, IPVF has fabricated over 20% perovskite solar cells and 40 cm2 perovskite modules with efficiency of 18% using slot die coating to grow the absorber layer.
IPVF is now looking for a R&D Technician to join its talented team (ca. 20 people) to work on the development and optimization of materials, cells and processes for perovskite and tandem solar cells.
The candidate will benefit from a multidisciplinary environment, IPVF expertise and have access to IPVF unique capabilities.
More information on IPVF Research Program involving this position:
The candidate will directly report to the Programs Deputy Director of IPVF and will integrate a dynamic and talented team driven by innovation and results.
Her/his main missions will consist in:
• Standardization of slot-die processes for a better reproducibility by repetition and improvement of standard protocols and statistical analysis of the performed experiments
• Fabrication and characterization of solar cells and modules from slot-die coated perovskite.
• Contribute to the qualification of the open-air slot-die (slot-die, air blade, IR annealing…).
• Preparation of standard substrates for slot-die deposition (glass cutting, cleaning, chemical bath deposition…).
• Production of standard samples for other groups (stability, photoluminescence…).
• Report results to engineers and researchers.
• Coordinate her/his work with colleagues to ensure the smoothest productions of samples.
• Propose and implement technical improvements.
• Technical support for the equipment maintenances and consumables ordering.
• Apply the health and safety rules corresponding to the work situations.
• Adapt to technological developments.
– B.S./M.S. in materials science or chemistry.
– General knowledge of solar cells and thin film deposition by wet chemistry.
– Hands-on experience in wet chemistry deposition.
– Demonstrated experience in thin-film fabrication and characterization is a plus.
– Previous experience in slot-die deposition is a plus.
– Knowledge of perovskite solar cells is an asset.
Self-management skills :
– Desire to work in the labs.
– Curious, enterprising and creative.
– Excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
– Collaboration with cross-functional and diverse teams.
Feel free to contact us for more information about our offers.