Function: Research Engineer
Working Place: IPVF, Palaiseau and ILV, Versailles, Paris area
Starting Date: Mai 2020
Time: 18 or 36 months
The “Institut Photovoltaïque d’Île-de-France” IPVF aims at becoming one of the main global research, innovation and education center in the field of photovoltaic solar energy. Composed with international well-known industrials, leading in PV industry (EDF, Total, Air Liquide, Horiba and Riber) and academic research teams (CNRS, École Polytechnique), IPVF wants to increase performances and competitiveness of PV solar cells and develop new breakthrough technologies thanks to:
- A research program : 5 programs and 12 projects
- Experimental laboratories open to PV actors: more than 80 state-of-the-art tools, in a dedicated IPVF building
- Education program with a master and PhD students
Nowadays, development of photovoltaic (PV) cells is a booming sector everywhere in the world. IPVF has set the 303 objective as a road map for silicon, III-V, perovskites, CIGS and tandem PV cells production. Therefore, the aim is to produce, in 2030, a PV module with a 30 % efficiency for less than 30c$/Wp.
The I project is a transverse project whose aim consists in developing an analytical strategy enabling to perform advanced chemical characterization from surface to bulk and from the materials to the cell. This expertise is essential to break down technologic barriers and gain in fundamental understanding.
- Within IPVF, the engineer will have a key role in the whole steps of the manufacturing of produced PV cells. He/She will have in charge the chemical characterization of materials and modules at different fabrication stages and contribute in the optimization process. The determination of chemical evolution during ageing will also be part of the work to improve the durability of the cell.
- The Project IV. I aims at developing a reliable physico-chemical characterization methodology tacking advantage of the GD-OES (Glow Discharge Optical Emission Spectroscopy) fast in-depth profiling, but inherently qualitative, to reach specific location in-depth, and of the accurate composition and chemical environment that XPS (X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy) can bring. The post-doc will reinforce the research team and work in strong collaboration with the Post-doc already hired in this project, on separate tasks and common ones. Its mission will have two main approaches: 1) Achievement of I project specific objectives (GD-OES/XPS coupling); 2) Support and expertise for IPVF other projects, 3) IPVF Staff formation.
- XPS and GD-OES equipment’s are hosted at Institut Lavoisier de Versailles (ILV). The post-doc will be localized both in IPVF at Palaiseau and ILV at Versailles.
- PhD in material physic and chemistry
- Surfaces chemical analysis
- Experience on PV or semi-conductors technologies
- XPS strong knowledge (is a plus)
- Project management skills
- Experience in XPS and/or GD-OES, and SEM-EDS characterization techniques
- Force of proposal
- Enjoys collaborations
- Redaction, reporting, communication
Cover letter and résumé to be sent to: email@example.com
Specify the title of the offer in the subject line of the email