- Function: Researcher
- Working Place: Palaiseau, 91120 (Paris area)
- Starting Date: April 2020
- Time: 18 or 36 months
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Salary: Profil dependent
- Contract type: Fixed-term
- Education: Master of Science / Engineer or PhD
The “Institut Photovoltaïque d’Île-de-France” IPVF aims at becoming one of the main global research, innovation and education center in the field of photovoltaic solar energy. Composed with international well-known industrials, leading in PV industry (EDF, Total, Air Liquide, Horiba and Riber) and academic research teams (CNRS, Ecole Polytechnique), IPVF wants to increase performances and competitiveness of PV solar cells and develop new breakthrough technologies thanks to:
- A research program : 5 programs and 12 projects
- Experimental laboratories open to PV actors : more than 70 state-of-the-art tools, in a dedicated IPVF building
- Education program with a master and PhD students
Setting up industrialization roadmaps for IPVF’s processes and technologies is of strategic importance for the institute. The project’s mission is to both assess PV technology opportunities that IPVF should work on and also – after successful development – help industrializing such technologies.
- The candidate will directly report to the vice Chief Technical Officer of IPVF.
- To identify PV technology opportunities
- Perform PV markets and technologies assessment
- Propose new technologies to be included in IPVF’s R&D program, based on market needs, requests from industry, TRL (Technology Readiness Level), sustainability, etc.
- Help establishing and updating IPVF’s technology roadmap
- To drive the industrialization phase of R&D projects at IPVF
- Evaluate the maturity of technologies developed at IPVF based on TRL and identify obstacles that may block the industrialization process
- Assess the potential for commercialization of processes and technologies developed at IPVF (e.g. perovskites, III-V and tandem technologies)
- Help searching for suitable industrial partners and establishing partnerships
Knowledge and know-how
- In-depth knowledge of photovoltaics technologies and markets
- Knowledge of PV manufacturing processes for both lab and fab
- Experience with industrialization of technologies
- English is essential. French would be appreciated, but not mandatory.
- Good written and oral expression
- Interdisciplinary approach and teamwork
- Autonomous and enthusiastic
- Innovation and solution oriented
- Spirit of taking the initiative
- Synthesis skills