- The Ile-de-France Photovoltaic Institute (IPVF) and the Center for Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies (C2N-CNRS, SUNLIT team) are seeking several postdoctoral researchers to work on III-V solar cells for high-efficiency and low-cost photovoltaics. The projects will be carried out in close collaboration between the two institutes.
- This project will benefit from the recent breakthroughs demonstrated by the IPVF and C2N teams. We have recently developed novel strategies for light-trapping, leading to ultrathin (200 nm) GaAs solar cells with a record efficiency of nearly 20% (Nature Energy, 2019, https://www.nature.com/articles/s41560-019-0434-y). This result opens new opportunities for the development of high-efficiency photovoltaics based advanced concepts, like hot-carrier solar cells. Indeed, we have also achieved state-of-the-art results on hot-carrier solar cells (Nguyen et al., Nature Energy, 2018, https://www.nature.com/articles/s41560-018-0106-3), using advanced characterization techniques based on hyperspectral luminescence and applied to complete solar cells.
- The candidate will directly reports to the vice-CTO, and will be integrated to the Novel Concepts projects
- The postdoc will be in charge of the conception and fabrication of nanostructure arrays to trap light in ultrathin solar cells, with a particular focus on the improvement of the hot-carrier solar cells developed at IPVF. It will involve electromagnetic simulations, nanofabrication process, and characterizations. The post-doc will benefit from a multidisciplinary environment and will have access to the unique, complementary clean-room facilities at IPVF and C2N including state-of-the-art epitaxy, nanofabrication and characterization tools.
- The ideal candidate will have a PhD in material science, semiconductor physics, or related. Previous experience in nanophotonics, nanofabrication, III-V semiconductors, photovoltaics is desirable but not essential. More information and recent publications from the C2N team can be found here: http://sunlit-team.eu/
- The positions will start immediately for 18 months. Applications will be reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Cover letter and résumé to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com